Wednesday, March 1, 2017

All's Well

All's well that ends well!

This morning a little after 3 a.m., I woke up to relieve my bladder and I saw that hubby was out of bed and that the kitchen light was on.  As I opened the bedroom door, there was my husband laying on the floor by the sink.  I panicked and thought he had either passed out or had a heart attack.  He does have a history of both of those events happening to him.  I can't even remember what I said or asked as I leaped over to him.  He looks up and said, "Listen!"  

I was totally confused as to what I was supposed to listen.  Then I heard a swishing noise under the sink.  What in the world?  He had already shut off the water under the sink and I tried again myself and no change.  He thought it sounded like water and to me it sounded more like a loud fan.  We went to bathroom and no sound there.  He had already gone outside and couldn't hear it.  

Believe me, at 3:00 a.m. my brain does not work very well.  After about 20 minutes, I asked, "Do you really think it's water."  Then I noticed a little bit of  water seeping between the kitchen floor board.  Hmmm?  Not good.  I had to agree, water was leaking under the sink, but not in the park model.  Remembering upon our check-in here, the owner showed us some valves in the back yard.  So I went out and luckily the first valve I closed shut down the sound, therefore the water.  

We called and left a message for owner and he came by this morning.  It was a slit in one of the rubber "pipes" below the place and water had soaked the insulation.  Needless to say we were without water until 1:30 p.m.  

I have been writing about trying to decide what I am going to give up or give for Lent.  I guess today, it was water and a morning shower that I gave up.   Just thankful, it was not a sewer back up!  Like I said, "All's well that ends well!"

No comments: