Thursday, March 16, 2017

Awesome Antelope!

Quite a few years ago, I saw photos of The Wave in Arizona.  The Wave is a sandstone rock formation located in Arizona, United States near its northern border with Utah.  The formation is well–known among hikers and photographers for its colorful, undulating forms and the difficult hike required to reach it.  Not only is it a difficult hike, you must have a permit from the Bureau of Land Management.   A feat in itself!   Hikers and photographers wait for years to obtain a permit.

So I in the past year, I saw some photos from friends that looked like the Wave, so I asked how long they had to wait for a permit to hike there.  They said no permit was needed and explained they were in the Antelope Canyon in northern Arizona,  probably about 100 miles from the Wave.  I Googled this canyon and put it on my "Bucket List."

My sister and nephew decided to visit us in Arizona and wanted to see the Grand Canyon. Hubby and I have been there before, but were more than willing to visit it again.  So, since we were going to be up in northern Arizona, I researched exactly where Antelope Canyon was and figured we could visit that too.  

Let me tell you.... it was awesome!  I got emotional being there and almost cried.  I felt so fortunate, so blessed to see this natural wonder!  Words can't describe what's it like walking into a slot canyon where the waters eroded the sand stones eons ago.  We were standing at least 50 feet below the surface.  There were waves and the formations of all types.  Again, words can't describe, so here are some photos.







































No comments: