Monday, March 6, 2017

Busy as Bees!

Our guest left this morning and hubby asks, "What's on our agenda today?"   Heaven forbid, we would stay home and rest a bit.  Just kidding, I love to be on the go as much as he does.  So we decided to revisit the Desert Botanical Gardens that we had visited about seven years ago.  

There were not many flowering cactus, but they have planted a lot of flowers and the focus was on bees and butterflies.  They have a temporary tent set up for about 8 varieties of butterflies to view.  Bees are the major pollinators of the world, but butterflies do their share too.  They pick up pollen and transfer to other flowers for fertilization.  

Sometimes, I like to think of myself as a person that may be able to "fertilize" an idea, a wish or a memory in your minds. Maybe, my explorations have triggered a desire to see or visit someplace.  You may want to try a new experience based on what I have done.  Just like a bee or butterfly, I have a desire and need to "pollinate" experiences, through traveling from one place (flower) to another.  

Bees are much more active then butterflies, at least the butterflies in this exhibit.  So I probably have a few more butterfly photos than bees.  But the bees are like me, always on the go and hard to keep in one spot.

Enjoy the scenery!
















No comments: