Saturday, March 18, 2017

The Quiet See-saw

I guess I was tired last night, slept until 7:45 a.m. without waking once.  I felt bad about that when I considered my sister landed in MSP airport about 3:45 am (Arizona time) and then had to drive 3 + hours to her home.  Ugh!  She did not enjoy a good night's sleep like I did. Hopefully, tonight for her!

Today was a quiet day for us.  We met a friend for lunch at a restaurant that serves mainly Scandinavian and German food.  Delicious meal.  Then home to do a few loads of laundry. Caught the tail end of the Badger's basketball victory and watched Arizona win too.

The rest of day was too quiet, almost boring!  Ugh!  Now, to be truthful, hubby wanted to go to a movie, but I declined as I was tired of being on the go.  I hate saying that word "boring," but we have been on the go so much.  I think my body expects me to be on the road again!  I felt like a see-saw.... let's go versus let's stay home.  

I know that tomorrow I will be thankful we stayed home, as we're driving over 3 hours to go to Jerome with friends.  Jerome is a old mining town built literally on a hillside.  Every street is basically on top of the street below it.  Should be some heavy duty walking going uphill.   But when we go uphill, we always have to go downhill at some point.  Just like a see-saw....up and down.  Gee, life is a lot like a see-saw too...we all have our ups and downs.  I guess if being "bored" is my down... I'll take it.  


No comments: