Monday, March 13, 2017

Expectations

We all have expectations in life!  We strongly believe that one thing or another will happen.  It gets us excited usually, but then expectation may involve heartache too.  My expectation today is that my sister and nephew will arrive safely tonight and tomorrow we will go Up North to see the sights.  

Neither of them have seen the Grand Canyon and I am sure their expectations are based on the photos they have seen.  I have been there before and I am still excited.  Of course, I have heard people say, "Grand Canyon, no big deal."  Others exclaim about the wonder of it all.  What will our visitors think?  I hope it meets their expectations as a wonder of the world. 

We are also going to Antelope Canyon, which I have seen some really neat photos.  Now there, I am truly having my own expectations as I have never seen it before.  Will it be as great as the photos? Will the sunlight affect our sights either positively or negatively?  Will I be overwhelmed or under-whelmed (my hubby's new phrase)?  

Either way, stay tuned over the next few days for the results of our trips!  


No comments: