Thursday, March 16, 2017

A Gorgeous Grand Day!

This morning we started out from Flagstaff going to the Grand Canyon.  We made several stops along the way trying to get better and closer to the snow-topped San Francisco peaks.   Here, we are four people from Wisconsin that are tired of snow, yet taking photos of more snow.  I really think a snow-capped mountain has such an appealing look to it that it is irresistible to photographers.

Gorgeous weather in the Grand Canyon, plenty of sunshine and cool enough to be comfortable in short sleeved tops.  I think our guests were duly impressed by the grandeur of the Canyon.  My nephew, Carter, was drawn to the fences and cliffs hanging over the deep canyons, getting as many death-defying photos as he could.  He even got his mother (my sister) to partake in some dare-devil looking photos.  I got the he-bee gee-bees just watching them.  We told them that about twelve people a year are killed in Grand Canyon falling into the canyons.  Later, we found out someone died last night and they had to wait until this morning to get the body out of the canyon.  The Grand Canyon is wonderful and beautiful...and can be dangerous.  

After getting some dusk photos at the eastern most point of the park, we drove north to Page, Arizona.  That's where our adventures will continue tomorrow.  Sorry, no photos.... it 10:35 pm and I left my camera in the car and I'm too tired to go down and get it!  Maybe, tomorrow!


No comments: