Thursday, March 30, 2017

Valley of Fire

We left Las Vegas this morning and went about 65 miles north to The Valley of Fire State Park.  I can't remember how I read about this place, but it sounded like it was worth a drive-through as the highway veered off I-15 and came back to it about 40 miles later.  I didn't expect to spend much time, but it ended up being about 2-3  hours there.

Below is a photo of me holding up an overhanging rock.  The red sandstone was comparable to Sedona, but here it was more like huge boulders on the ground.











White limestone in the Valley too!





As usual I was taking photos out the window as Paul drove the car.  I freaked out as I shot this photo, "There's a man in the rocks!"  I hope you all see him too or I'm going to know I'm going crazy! 




The strong winds predicted for this area started getting stronger as we left this park and blowing dust so that our views were obscured.  We drove to southern Utah and after checking into hotel, drove to Zion National Park.  The wind was kicking up some nasty storm clouds and actually when the sun was shining between the clouds, it made for some neat Zion mountain photos too.



Can't wait to explore some more tomorrow!

No comments: