Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Cancer



Cancer Support

Today, we got to visit with a long-time friend that.... has cancer.  I don't know what is appropriate to say anymore... is she fighting, battling, suffering, or all of the above?

For years, my life has been devoid of cancer.  I have not had cancer and neither has anyone really close to me...family or friends.  My grandfather and aunt died of cancer over twenty years ago and another aunt had a mastectomy to remove all her breast cancer and is having no further treatment.   So, this cancer crap is something new to me.  

Right now, five of the nine people on my prayer list have cancer.  They range in age from 50's to 90's.  Cancer has no mercy, it hits all types and ages of people.  Is it becoming more prevalent?  
How can I show support?  Today, I visited my friend. This weekend there is a benefit for my cousin and I sent a donation.  In less than two months will the be annual Cancer Walk in my mother's community.  This year at age 85, my mother will again walk and raise money to support cancer research.  And she does a very good job at raising funds, usually one of the top fund raisers.  

What other ways can I or others support those with cancer?  Pray, visit, listen, and/or offer services (babysitting, rides, food).  I am probably missing a lot of ways to support cancer victims.  I hope and pray that those on my prayer list and on your prayer list will soon be cancer free.  Until then, let's rally around them and support them in fighting cancer in whatever ways we can.... I can.


Image result for i can fight cancer














No comments: