Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Honesty

Honestly, I have not decided on what I'm giving up or giving for the Lenten season.  However, in my continuing endeavor to write my autobiography, I have found that it's really easy to write about the job and details.  But it is not so easy or comfortable to be honest about how I felt about the job.  

I am a firm believer that in every experience we have (jobs, relationships, locations, etc),  we learn from those experiences.  The lessons I have learned, I am trying to be honest about them.  
Do I like that I have write honestly that I ruined a good friend's wedding or that I wish I had made love to a married man? But that is who I was and it's a part of me... created from those experiences.  

I'm sorry, honesty is not for the faint-of-heart!  It's not easy writing about your past and what I did and felt about those times. I am who I am!  That comment is not meant to excuse my behaviors in the past or present.  I think that I have learned some lessons.  Lessons that some day I hope I can share with others.  

Who knows?  Maybe my honesty will help someone else find their way on their life's journey.  

Today is Fat Tuesday and maybe this blog is my way of skimming off the fat and seeing what's really under it.... the "broth" (sustenance) of my life.  

No comments: