Saturday, February 18, 2017

Laughter

"Laughter is the best medicine."

Some of us suffer from dis-ease in our bodies and souls.  Having a good laugh can make us more at ease in our lives.  Granted laughter does not cure all dis-eases, but it doesn't hurt us to try it now and then.  I like to laugh, but I don't watch sitcoms.  I am not sure if it's because I'm too serious of a person, I'm much more into drama.  Once in a while I will catch the show America's Funniest Videos and I will LOL laugh out loud.  But usually, I am watching it alone as hubby is in another room on his phone or computer.  He's not much into comedies, he's into serious dramas too.  Maybe, that is why I don't laugh very much.  I'm not exposed to it.  

Last night, I got exposed....to laughter that is!  There was a duo of entertainers here for a show, Gomer and Patsy.  Yes, Gomer Pyle was here....and Bill Clinton, Elvis Presley, Mr. Haney (from Green Acres TV), and Walter Brennan.  They sang songs and told jokes, lots of jokes.  Yes, laughter filled the ballroom.  It was wonderful sound.  It was a wonderful feeling.  Remembering jokes is not my forte', but here is one I remember

A young boy goes up to his grandfather and asks, "Can you make the sound that a frog makes?"  

Grandpa says, "Ribbit, ribbit, ribbit."

The young jumps up and down and screams excitedly.  Grandpa asks, "Why are you so excited?"

"Because grandma says that when you croak, we're going to Disneyland!"    😆

I bet some of you are groaning in laughter. Oh, I wish I could remember more jokes.  But, no matter what, I DO remember the good feeling I had in laughing so much.  Now, I must find some ways to create more laughter in my life.  Got any good ideas?  

1 comment:

RoAnn said...

Go through your friends list on FB and try to remember something funny that happened when you were with them. Might give you a good laugh.