Sunday, February 19, 2017

Nap Time

I am fighting sleep!  It's a cool and rainy day today.  In fact, it's only one degree warmer here than my hometown of Hudson, Wisconsin.  Hubby is watching golf and as much as I enjoy watching it, the low monotone voices of the announcers makes me sleepy.  Add to the equation the fact that I woke up at 5 a.m. and then laid in bed trying to go back to sleep.  No such luck.

So, I will just take out my hearing aids and lay down on the couch for a short nap.  I guess I could go to the bedroom and lay down on bed where it's dark and quiet...but that's not a NAP!  Going to lay on the bed is needed when you are sicker-than-a-dog and have to sleep for a long time to get your rest.  Nope, naps are meant to be taken in the living room.  Don't you agree?

I had better hurry up or it will be too late to take a nap.  Any naps after 5 p.m. will affect my getting to sleep tonight.  Taking naps is a science and certain criteria must be met, just like in all stories.

Who?   Me
What?  Nap
Where?  Living Room
When?   Before 4:30 p.m.
Why?  Because I feel like it
How long?  Depends, but usually 45 - 60 minutes.

Nappy time, that's all folks!

1 comment:

Belinda said...

I have the 20 minute power nap mastered! Any longer is too much for me!