Tuesday, February 14, 2017

V Day

Today is V Day - Valentine's Day!  Here are some random, very random thoughts on Valentine's Day.

Valentine's day is all about LOVE.  Isn't it ironic that both Valentine and Love have the letter V in the word?  V is not a very common letter and I have a difficult time thinking of words with a V for Words With Friends (a "Scrabble" computer game).  

LOVE = Loved Ones Venture Everywhere.  Venture, Adventure and Travel all have V's in their words. Woven, another word with a V, means being interlaced, an apt description for being in love.  

Yesterday I posted a Valentine's message to my hubby on Facebook and here's a few responses that we got.... "so sweet," "great example of love," and "two lovebirds."  Oh my, some very (another V word) high accolades to live up to!  In fact, last night on The Bachelor...yes, I'm a closet romantic...the bachelor sent home a lady from Wisconsin.  I guess she was too stoic for him..."it's hard to have a natural conversation with her."  Hmmm?  I looked at hubby and said, "I am not much of conversationalist, sorry."  It's true, we don't talk much during the days, we are both reading or on the computer.  I think I will drum up a game for us, picking one word a day to discuss.  Maybe that will get the ball rolling on our conversation skills.  
Did you notice a couple more words with V - live and conversation?  And how about give and receive?  I am seeing a trend here.  These words with V do correlate to Valentine's Day and the theme of LOVE.  Valentine's Day is only one day a year, but I can make everyday a V Day!  

Please feel free to comment or post a word with the letter V that you think reflects love!  

No comments: