Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Washington Wows!

The state of Washington has certainly wowed us during our visit.  Hubby and I have both been here before briefly and wanted to come back and explore.  Coincidentally, I saw on Facebook that it was exactly three years ago today that we were in Seattle the day before our Alaska cruise started.  This time, all I wanted to see (that we missed last time) was Pike Place Market.

But before I get to that story and pictures....I must share my biggest WOW moment today.... Mount Rainier!  This is Reflection Lake and though it had some weeds obscuring a perfect reflection and I had to go away from the crowds of other photographers, but you do what you gotta do!

 


We went up the Sunshine Road first and due to taking photos into the sunlight (south), the mountain does not stand out as well, but it was still awesome to see.


Here's some more photos.... to really appreciate these photos, you must be aware that Washington is often rainy and cloudy and Mount Rainier makes it own weather....so that fact that there was not a cloud in sky for the 4 hours we drove around the park is very surprising and what a blessing for us!







Glacier close-ups!





Waterfall along the drive.


To get back to my Seattle story....about 12 years ago when I worked at Burnett Medical Center, we managers saw a managerial, motivational film called Fish Sticks.  It was filmed at the Pike Place Fish Co. and the workers were having FUN throwing the fish between each other.  That was the point of the film...to have fun at work.  It stuck with me and I've always wanted to see this action for real.  So we set Garmin for the Pike Place Market and off we went.  The one thing about Garmin GPS is that sometimes it's too much of a good thing!  It told us to turn right and announced, "you have arrived at destination."  RIGHT in the Middle of the market with delivery trucks and shoppers all around.  We laughed as we felt like we turned down a street and got in the middle of a parade. 


 Found a parking place close by and found Pike Place Fish Co. right away.  



Here's some photos....see if you can see the fish in the air....they are there!  :)


Caught it!


The fish is in upper middle of photo


It was fun to watch and browse around, bought myself a lion made of Mount St. Helen's volcanic ash....to add to my lion collection. 

Beautiful fruits, veggies and flowers all around....went into sensory overload!  Finally, here are some "Santos Farm" flowers for my photographer friend, Santos to enjoy!


No comments: