Sunday, August 23, 2015

Tall Trees

The Coast Redwood trees are the tallest trees in the world.  In fact, they are the tallest living thing on the planet.  Today we viewed these giants and I was awe-struck again.  It's been 35 years since I drove these giants and I can recall my excitement & wanted to share this with Paul.  


The morning started out foggy...








 A little after noon, we drove out of the fog and welcomed the sunshine and beautiful sites.








Paul got to drive through two redwood trees today, here's the Shrine.



Here's a photo of the other tree, Chandelier, that I drove through 35 years ago.  I remember there was no one else around, (unlike today) so I drove my car into the tree, got out and took a photo and then got back into the car to drive out.  



 Saw some more seals and/or sea lions in Crescent City this morning. 




A view from the cliffs of Trinidad, CA

A view of the Carson Mansion in Eureka, CA


Since we're in lumbering country, we had dinner at the Lumberjacks restaurant which served giant portions and very tasty!  I was so tempted to order the six plus inches of chocolate layer cake....but thought it would be a bad idea to have that much chocolate so close to bed time!  A person my age just has to think about those things these days!  :)

No comments: