Monday, August 31, 2015

Choices and Changes


Choices - we make them everyday!  Some turn out to be bad choices and some turn out to be good choices.  Today I made both kinds - but as I've said before, "All's well that ends well."

The Monterey Aquarium is often mentioned as being one-of-the-best and I thought we would go there while in town.  However, when we saw the price of the tickets $40 for adult and $35 for seniors, we paused...questioning the idea of spending that much money at an aquarium.  It was a good choice, a very good choice that we went there.  Highly recommend it!  

As you know, I don't go very many new places that I don't have my camera with me.  After 20+ days of touring, my camera feels heavier and heavier and I made the choice to leave my camera in the car instead of bringing it into the aquarium. Well, the look of shock on hubby's face when he found out I left my camera in the car was enough for me to think, "I may have made a bad choice."  He went back to the car to retrieve my camera and am I glad he did.  Very good choice.  Warning:  Lots of photos from the aquarium visit.  Most were taken through plastic/glass windows, so you may see some glare or feedback on some of the photos.  Enjoy, we sure did!








































:(  Boo Hoo!  So sad to leave the aquarium



After lunch, we took the 17 miles Pebble Beach auto tour.  It was 30 years ago that I took this tour and was impressed, so I was eager to show hubby what I saw.  But, changes have occurred.  Trees have grown and houses have been built along the road blocking many views that I had.  Sometimes change is disappointing, as we "mourn" for the way things used to be.  But all-in-all, we did get some photos of the overlooks and the sea action.  Just no photos of the golf holes next to the sea that I remember.  















Drove along the beach towards the east and saw more of Monterey Bay.





Here's a couple more Monterey photos, seals lounging in the marina among the many boats.



As you can see in this photo, the clouds were rolling in and it was a good choice that we went and got our sunset photos last night, as these clouds did not roll on out and you couldn't see a sun set tonight.  Besides that, we were enjoying a postponed anniversary dinner tonight.  Good choice for a change!  ;)

No comments: