Tuesday, August 18, 2015

R & R

Yep, today was a day of rest and relaxation.   Needed it, too!   Going ten days of touring and traveling is tough, even if it is fun!

Today we slept in, no alarm.  Then did our laundry and went up to Bellingham, about 30 miles from hotel.  About 30 years ago I bought some prints of Jody Bergsma paintings and learned that she was from Bellingham.  Always had it in the back of my mind that if I ever got to Washington for any amount of time, I'd go to her gallery.   Found it and I was like a "kid in a candy shop."  Bought a few prints for gifts and a couple of them for me.  So much for "downsizing,"  ha-ha.

Drove around Bellingham, Fairhaven and along the waterfront.  It was a beautiful day out and I got another photo of Mount Baker with the sail boat masts in the foreground.  

Went back to hotel and I did another blog on yesterday's adventures and had time for an afternoon nap.  Since we've been traveling, the only naps I've gotten are cat naps in the car, not the most ideal for me.  

Tonight, we had a movie date and treated ourselves to expensive theatre popcorn.  LOL  Yes, we got lots of LOL moments watching "Trainwreck."  

Tomorrow, we explore more of Washington.....hope you'll join us for the journey.

No comments: