Friday, July 27, 2007

Willing

"I'm willing to believe
There's hope for me"

I like that ditty I made up this morning. The acronym HOW = Honest, Open and Willing, I have mentioned before and this morning I thought of that word, "willing."

This morning I got up an hour earlier as I had an early morning work function. Last night, hubby reminded me, or I should say stated, "You're going to walk tomorrow. You already missed one day this week." I forgot I gave him permission to keep me in line! Anyway, I went to bed early and set my alarm for an hour earlier. Woke up before the alarm and off I went walking, thankfully, it's no darker here at 4:55 than it is at 5:55. I am willing to do this because I believe that walking exercises my muscles & makes them stronger. Walking boosts my metobolism so that at the present time I can lose weight and in the future maintain a good weight. I believe in the postive aspects of walking and I'm willing to forgo an extra hour of sleep.

On a more serious matter, willingness was a major component to starting this change in my lifestyle. And once we start, we must keep the fire of willingness burning. If willingness burns out, do we lose hope? Is it vice versa? Thoughts to ponder and I'm willing to do just that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI Rayna, I was "cleaning" out my email (it's as much a mess as my desk!) and saw the link to your blog, so thought I'd check in and see if your still into it. YEA! You are!! Hey -- H.O.W. is from the AA (or OA) Big Book and my support group in OA is a special group called OA-HOW, standing for honesty (about my food), openness (to new ideas and insights)and willingness (to new behaviors and beliefs). (the part in parens is my addition).

I hurt my Achiles tendon at Curves so haven't been going for several months and it's not getting better -- darn! So I need to just get walking! Casey would like that too! (I CAN walk him on the streets and sidewalks of Blaine or Park Rapids!)

Hugs! Joan