Thursday, July 19, 2007

Dedication

This morning I walked outside in the dark and discovered it was raining. I was all prepared for my walk, so I thought boastfully, "Dedication!" By the time I made one lap around the neighborhood, I was wet, but figured that I might as well move forward. I came in the house 30 minutes later looking like a big, old drenched rat.

Dedication and discipline are two words that have never been associated with me in my life. Except for my marriage of almost 19 years, but that's only because he's too good to give up on! :) I give up easily, there is no doubt. Perseverance is a word that I "hate." As I have mentioned before, "it's not fair." So on and so forth, my life has gone on with many start and stops, start and stops.

I have heard that "30 days makes a habit" in reference to doing something for 30 days and a habit is made. Not! In my life it has not been that way, ever. I am nearing my 30 days (next Monday) and I am somewhat nervous about whether I will go forward and persevere or give up and "stay" at my current status.

Let's hope that an "old dog" like me can learn some new tricks. Tricks called dedication and discipline! I'd like to forget that old dog command of "stay."

No comments: