Friday, July 13, 2007

Last night I was having dinner with someone that reads my blog and she said, "I sometimes feel like a voyeur." I looked up the word to be sure I was spelling it correctly and the definition was 1. Somebody who watches for sexual pleasure. 2. persistent observation of misery or scandal. I think the second one is more in line with being a voyeur of this blog, right? :)

Her comment made me start thinking about openness and honesty. Didn't Popeye used to say, "I am what I am"? I just remember that saying from my past. Sometimes I do better at living my life that way and other times I like to hide my thoughts and feelings.

When I was designing this house that we live in, I read that you need to decide what you want that house to say about you. Looking at my house plan, I knew that my living room would be in the center of the house and almost the full width of the house. Therefore windows are in the north and south walls of the house and from the outside, you can see straight through the house. What you see is what you get. My hubby and I decided that we were willing to risk openness to have views of the front and back yards of our property. We love it! But our house would not work for everyone, just like doing a blog would not work for everyone.

I have quoted another reader that says she's following a HOW plan, Honest, Open and Willing. Doing a blog involves openness and willingness. Honesty is up to the writer. Doing this blog frees me to express my feelings, actions and thoughts. It frees me of FAT! Feelings, Actions, Thoughts. Another new acronym to ponder.

Oh, well, I guess this is a slow blog day. Just chit-chatting into your life, my life! Have a great Friday. TGIF :)

No comments: