Saturday, July 21, 2007

PUSH!

I am childless, I have never delivered a baby. But when you see a delivery on the screen, there is usually someone saying to the mother, "Push, push, harder, harder!"

I delivered my own "baby" of sorts today. I decided in my morning walk to lengthen my stride. Well, let me tell you.... after the first few steps I was a jet on the concrete runways of my neighborhood. With each longer step propelling me forward, I picked up speed and my body bend slightly forward and I was on the way! By the second lap (half-mile lap) around the neighborhood, I was feeling the burn in the muscles & the heart racing. How can a half-step or so longer use so many different muscles?

I told myself, "push, push, harder, harder!" Of course to me that meant, "let's see if I can go this pace for 3 laps, a mile and half?" Then I promised myself the fourth lap would be leisurely. I did it! By the end of three laps, my jet was flying in the air! Emotionally that is! After my fourth lap, I came in for a landing and when I parked my jet in my terminal (home), it felt damn good! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Rayna!
Your brother

Diana said...

Celebrate! Yehaw!