Thursday, July 26, 2007

Crazy

My alarm startled me this morning and I got up and left hubby sleeping in bed. What a crazy reversal of our lives we have had. For the almost 19 years that we've been married, he's always been the first one up and at 'em. I have always lazed in bed until I had just enough time to shower, dress and get to work on time. Even after he retired, he was often up before me. That's changed in the past month.

Within 10 minutes of being startled awake, I was out walking. For the first quarter mile, I'm thinking, "this is crazy." I was walking like a drunken sailor on sea legs. It takes my body a bit to wake up!

I am getting into a routine that I never thought I would have...... wake early, walk, think about things as I walk, cool down from the walk with a large glass of water and writing in my blog. I prefer to write in the morning while my thoughts are clear and not muddied by a day at work. Then I sit down to a healthy breakfast and read the paper with hubby (yes, he usually gets up when I return from my walk). What a crazy turn of events. Who would have thought?

No comments: