Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Independence Day



Independence.... Freedom.... Freedom of Choices









Today is an American holiday. For many it's a day off work, not me. But that's my choice. I choose to save my PTO (Paid Time Off) for later vacations and trips. I will tackle the overload of paperwork on my desk for a few hours & then head home for an evening of baseball & fireworks. Choices, we have so many. Political, geographical (where we live), professional, religious, and the list goes on and on. We are so fortunate.

My freedom of choices in the past 12 days have resulted in some "miracles" for me. I have expressed myself emotionally and opened up about spiritual thoughts. Physically, I have given up excess poundage and went from no exercise to walking two miles today. No matter what choice we make on any playing field, be it professional or physical, we get results or consequences. Yet so many people seem to think they have no choices in their lives. Every step we take involves a choice. Of course so many of those steps have been ingrained in us for years, that we don't even realize that we are making choices, but we are! If I take a minute to ponder on this.... the magnitude of our freedom to make choices as a citizen, worker, resident, and most importantly as a human being, it is just awesome!

Enjoy your freedoms today! Enjoy the opportunity to make choices! Enjoy your day!

P.S. Flag picture taken on a tourist paddle boat while cruising on the St. Croix River between Minnesota and Wisconsin, two places I have chosen to live in my life.

No comments: