Friday, July 20, 2007

Today I got several compliments at work, "You can really tell you're losing weight." It must have been the outfit, but needless to say it was great to hear it. My co-workers at work know about my decision to eat better and smaller portions, and they have been keeping tabs on me. Great, the more people that I have watching over me, the more likely I am to make progress.

Those at work are not aware of the emotional and spiritual aspects of my journey. Hopefully, they will see the results in how I act and think. Any of you reading this know of these "other" aspects, but may not see the physical aspect.

I find it fascinating that no matter how open and honest someone is, you can never see all the aspects of that person. I grew up with Father Knows Best on TV and turmoil at home due my parent's rocky marriage (alcoholism). So I grew up with nary a clue on how a normal, mainstream relationship, much less marriage, worked. I had this pie-in-the-sky thought that when I connected with someone, we would know everything about each other.

But when my hubby-to-be and I decided to live together as our relationship deepened, I remember "waking" up one day to realize that no matter how much we loved each other or talked, I could not know what he was truly thinking unless he chose to tell me. It was like "Wow! He can be thinking of some other woman and I won't even know it. " Then I realized that the same could be true for me.

We all go through life with bits and pieces of our feelings, actions and thoughts scattered in various places with various people. Scattering seeds of ourselves - some seeds grow weeds, other seeds grow food or grow flowers. Some of our seeds are left especially for someone or someplace in our life. Some of our seeds are dropped on someone without care.

"We reap what we sow." The words I leave on this page may help or hurt someone, I must be careful. I must be full of care for others and for myself. Have a peace-filled weekend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Given the authentic seeds of your "project", i'm sure you'll reap the balance, peace and goodness you seek. You're an inspiration! All the best to you on your journey :)

awannabe said...

I loved that next to last quote about where we drop our seeds. Thank you for sharing.