Saturday, July 14, 2007

True to Self

Before you read this additional blog of mine today, I encourage you to read the comment from Diana in today's earlier blog (Walk & Wall). She has a wealth of good common sense information. My sister, Robyn's blog is also located on the right side of this page, take a look at today's entry and my comment to her, if you have time.

Both Diana's comments and Robyn's blog got me to thinking more, therefore writing more!

True to self..... Find that inner child.... They say that a person's personality is formed by the age of five. Do you remember what you did, what you liked, how you expressed yourself? I have helped some of my sister's put together picture boards for their kid's high school graduation. It's evident so early in life what these kids would grow up to be and to enjoy. Zach on a rocking horse and wearing an over-sized cowboy hat is now a grown-up cowboy, training horses and being a farrier. Tim was adventuresome, climbing up into the upper shelves of the cupboards and loved his bicycle, became a good motor-bike racer and does construction work in some high buildings. Beth was always taking care of everyone, even her older siblings and cousins. She just graduated with a degree in social work.

There is a picture of me at about two years old, I have sunglasses on, carrying a camera in one hand and suitcase in the other. Who would have thought that I love the warm, sunny weather of Texas and that I love to travel and take photos? Go figure!

My sister, Robyn's blog is about the light side of life..... she is very good at expressing things that happen in her and her family's lives. It's so wonderful to see her coming back to the person she was as a young child, the person that would make others laugh and be so happy-go-lucky. As I said in my comment to her blog today, "regretfully, so many of us try to lose that personality (that's set by age 5) as we grow older by the choices we make."

I have always been a deep thinker, introspective about feelings & thoughts. I have taken lots of course work in sociology and psychology and loved it. Over the years I have written lots of stuff like the stuff I've put in my blogs. Nobody has really told me if I was a "deep thinker" as a child, but they have told me that I was always on the go. I wanted to go my way, quite often the opposite of where the others (adults) were going. My sense of adventure began early. :)

This blog, this course in my life is an adventure. It's exciting to be writing about it. Who knows where it's going.... but it's going somewhere..... possibly even the opposite of where other adults are going! Want to hitch a ride?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a tremendous amount of insight on things today. What Dianna said is true. A person needs to find themselves first. Then we are able to start tackling things, (emotions, weight, etc.). Could you tell me what I was like when i was little? I would really like to know whom I was. thanks.
Lene