Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Advise

Happy Birthday to me! Happy birthday to me! You can't tell that I'm a "Leo" and like attention, can you? Today is my 56th birthday. Guess I'd better change my blog introduction. Anyway I feel 76, maybe even 86. I'm tired & I am either hungry or suffering from indigestion. How does a person know?

Do you ever wonder what a certain age ahead really feels like? I do. When I was 36, I'm sure I wondered what 56 would feel like. What would I be doing? Where would I be living? Would I be married to "hubby"? Would we still be together? Would I be healthy? If I remember right, I weighed about 25-30 pounds less 20 years ago?

I read about a mental & emotional exercise to do... Imagine that you are 18 years old and you have to give yourself some advise or words of wisdom from yourself, a 56 year old, for example. That's a tough one. I have professed for years that one of my mottoes is "Look before you leap, but take that leap." I still have to say that's true. Take the time to look before you leap into a job, relationship or move, but if there is no outstanding obstacles, take the leap. Enjoy the free-fall!

Another one of my mottoes is.... "You always make the right decision, at the time." In other words, when you make a decision, you believe it's right, or for the best decision at that time. It may turn out later, that a better decision could have been made... but at that time, it was the right decision. Enjoy the ride!

I guess life is sometimes like a parachute fall and then landing in a roller-coaster. First you wonder if you're going to survive, then you wonder if you want to survive. But survive we do, until it's our time to go from this earth. Enjoy life! Peace!

No comments: