Monday, August 13, 2007

Blessings

Today is a day that I celebrate the blessing of marrying a good man nineteen years ago. Right now he is taking his nightly nap while holding the remote control and "watching" TV with his eyes shut. Yes he is older now & should be allowed these privileges, however, he's been doing this for 19 years! :) I just have to smile and be thankful he's home with me and not out and about. Yes, thankfulness can lift a person's spirits.

Too often we forget all the things we have to be thankful for. Just today, I was talking with a co-worker about walking in the morning. She has little energy at the end of the day to walk as we keep her a very busy woman at work as our department receptionist and go-for person. I mentioned walking in the morning, but she has a four year old to get up and get ready for school. I know she is thankful for that little guy and truthfully, I'm thankful that I don't have a four year old to take care of and that I am free to walk in the morning. I am also thankful for mild weather year-round to walk in and a safe, gated community to walk around.

I am thankful that both my parents are still alive and doing well. I am thankful that my siblings are all still alive and that I have lost very few precious people in my life. Disease and illness can attack a body so quickly, that every day of health is a precious blessing. Today, hubby got the news that his recent stress test shows all is well, yet the evidence of a previous heart attack is there. A heart attack that awakens a person's perspective on life. I don't want a heart attack to happen to me and that is one of the reasons I am embarking on this life style change, to hopefully prevent heart disease and maybe other diseases as well. I am thankful for the health I have and will continue to improve.

Give thanks with a grateful heart! It will lift your spirits! Peace.

2 comments:

Ron Hedberg said...

Happy anniversary you guys! I don't always comment. But I have enjoyed reading your blog. It is especially nice to hear you writing out your thoughts. Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).