Sunday, August 12, 2007

Fun in the Sune

It was 100 degrees yesterday at Sea World in San Antonio and 100 thousand people there, it seemed! It was sunny and therefore a sweaty day. But we had fun viewing the shows and exhibits. The lines were too long for the water rides so we opted for long waits for the shows.

I quickly found myself doing child-like things like following the M.C.'s instructions to "wave at the whales." I laughed, took pictures, and enjoyed the antics and specialized training of the animals and the performers. It was a fun day, though next time we'll probably go there in the fall, when it's hopefully, cooler. The pool at the resort sure felt good last night. Hubby & I both slept well last night, even if it was only a double bed (compared to the king bed we are now accustomed).

One of the things that touched me at Sea World was the Shamu show, there was a video screen that showed the stories of young people that have grown to love whales and train whales. The theme was "Believe." The videos and testimonies were very well done and it focused on the children (and the inner child in we adults) to believe we can do something and make a difference in the world. At least one of the trainers has loved animals since a child and she truly is blessed to be working at something that is a "natural" for her. Sounds like something I have written before, the actions of children being reflected as they become adults. The video and the show strengthened my resolve to become something in my life. To become balanced and at peace in my life. Believe!

"I'm willing to believe there's hope for me." Peace!

No comments: