Friday, August 10, 2007

Spiritual

Yes, I'm still here! I have not written in a few days. Too much work at work, so my brain is fried when I get home. My morning walks have provided few thought-provoking thoughts, so I have skipped a few days of writing. However, I have been thinking about spirituality.

There's a phrase, "lifted my spirits," that reflects when we feel happier and lighter (as if someone is lifting us upward). The other day my sister's blog referred to her witnessing a beautiful sunrise. She called it "God's blessing." I got the impression that the sunrise lifted her spirits and it lifted mine just reading about it. My spirit is lifted when I witness a great view or sight and my spirit is further lifted if I can capture that view on my camera.

Other things that lift my spirit are kind words spoken to me, laughing, and having a good time. Watching a child having fun and enjoying themselves can lift the spirits of most anyone. I think that allowing myself to have fun as a child (of five years old that I once was) would, can lift my spirits. Don't get me wrong, my spirits are not low or I don't feel sad, I just think we should always take the opportunity to "lift our spirits" more! I plan to do just that tomorrow when we go to SeaWorld.

There is a phrase in the old hymn, How Great Thou Art, that says ".... then sings my soul." Having my soul sing is like having my spirits lifted, they both feel sooooo good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can definitely agree with you! What seems to do it the most for me is to see Lake Superior! What a grand miracle that was made in that lake. Maybe it's because I feel like I can throw all my burdens in the lake and they will float away. I guess any water will do, that is probably why I enjoy living by the St Croix River too. Thanks for lifting my spirits! Love ya, Rachel