Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Catching up

There is a word to describe a stop or slow-down in weight loss, it's called a "plateau." I have come up with a different phrase, I'm calling it "catching-up." My physical, emotional & spiritual selves are catching up with the whirlwind journey I have embarked on. It seems that everything has been going fast, including weight loss. Emotions have been flying around me and in my head for weeks now, many expressed here in this blog.

The past couple of weeks, I have needed to catch-up with everything. Slow down the thoughts and emotions, which means blogging/writing less. Slow down the weight loss, which means eating more. Not really eating a whole lot more, I'm maintaining. I feel like I needed my skin to catch up on the weight loss, so I don't have to have a tummy tuck later. That may sound crazy and perhaps sounds like an excuse, but I'm OK with this slow-down. Granted I want to lose more weight and I will.

I realize that I need to have a "burning desire" to lose weight more than my burning desire to eat certain foods. I have to remind myself, "I know what that (food) tastes like so I don't need to have that food right now." I may decide later or tomorrow to have that food, BUT right now I don't need it, I know what it tastes like. A desire is something or someone we want so badly, that it hurts just thinking about not having it in our life. It burns us, it brands us.

What burning desire do we each submit or give in to? Is it appropriate for our life? Is it healthy for us? What catching up do we each need for our life?

Peace!

No comments: