Saturday, May 10, 2014

Wildlife?

Hubby and I went to Santa Ana Wildlife Refuge this morning to get my Senior Pass for $10.  Probably the best deal you can get from our federal government.  Once you are 62 years, you pay $10 for this pass and it allows up to three others and myself to enter any national park and national wildlife refuge for free!  What a deal, right?


We walked along one of trails that go next to the Willow Lake.  Usually, there is very little water in this lake, but today it was full and reminded of lakes in my home state of Wisconsin.  Beautiful!  We had a major thunderstorm go through the area last night and everything looks so clean and clear, even the sky! I love the reflections of the weeds and clouds in the lake.

But there was no wildlife, to speak of....a few ducks, one egret and some birds.  Even hubby and I didn't feel like getting into  the wild life...it was just too serene to even talk.  Here's one last photo of our wildlife walk today.  More reflections!



No comments: