Monday, May 12, 2014

Circuit Overload

I think I need a circuit breaker....an automatic switch that stops the flow of electric current in a suddenly overloaded or otherwise abnormally stressed electric circuit.  I feel overloaded, and truthfully stressed, with information on all there is to see and do in this country.  By the time Paul & complete our summer trip, we will have visited at least sixteen states!  This does not count my Hwy 281 trip I am taking in two weeks.  Yikes!

It's gotten to the point of trying to decide how many historic houses, state parks, re-created villages, museums, and/or buildings do we want to see and visit?  Do they all start to look alike after awhile or does one have more merit than the others?  As I said before, I am using four books to research what to do on this trip and I'm sure someone that has visited the area before will say, "You can't miss this or that!" 

On top of deciding where to go, I am trying to calculate how much time we will spend in each spot and how many miles will we travel that day so that we can find and reserve a hotel room!  I have basically made our plans from June 30 until July 14 when we go for a few days respite at our friend's place in New Hampshire.  I hope that we can find time to just rest there, even though there is so much to see there too!  Can't stay too long as we plan to be in New York that next weekend.  I have not got that all figured out yet!

OK, I think I am going to stop writing about being overloaded and stressed and do something other than read maps and books!  I need a break!


No comments: