Friday, May 16, 2014

The Age of Aquarius

The Age of Aquarius was the "new age movement of the 1960's and 1970's."  Astrology became very popular at the time and of course I became attached to my sign's symbol, Leo the Lion.  I started collecting astrology stuff with lions and then the collection started growing with any and all kinds of lions.  One time, someone visiting me counted over 200 lions in my place.  Now, my lions are pretty much limited to a curio cabinet in my bedroom.

Truthfully, I was never much into astrology, I just liked that my sign had a lion.  Now and then, I may read my daily horoscope in the newspaper, but I don't live my life by what is said...even if it may coincide with my activities and moods.  Today's paper has a weekly horoscope that I did find it interesting.

"Contain yourself, Leo!  Powerful stellar magic is still coursing through your chart and your veins, giving you an almost preternatural sense of where to be, when to be there and how to take on any and every situation you find yourself in. (I say find yourself because the Universe is gently guiding you to the exact places you need to use this power to make your mark.)  You've got two and a half solid weeks of  this potent stuff on your side, so be sure you use your powers for good.  Be willing to try new approaches now."

If everything goes an planned, in two and half weeks,  I will be at the end of Highway 281 road trip and will have taken photos and visiting sites along the way.  I have been doing a lot of planning "where to be, when to be there and how to take on any and every situation (I) find myself in."  Sharing this planning and this roadtrip with you will be a highlight of my trip.  I hope to make my "mark" through this solo trip.  I am not sure what that "mark"  will be, but I do know I always find a little bit more of myself every time I get on the road again!


No comments: