Thursday, April 6, 2017

Water



Water is so important to our bodies and our lives.  We often take for granted how important it is to our health and well-being.  Today I'm not going to write about our bodies needs for water, but our soul's well-being need for water.  

Many people are attracted to the water in the forms of lakes, rivers and oceans.  They live within a short distance from water and/or they take vacations by water or travel on cruises on the water.  The water is like a magnet, attracting us to it's shores.  

Today, our season membership in the Phipps Art Center had a show offering that we chose on The Mighty Mississippi.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but the show was unique in that it offered songs, videos, photos and education about the river and the transformations it has gone through in our lifetimes.  Specifically, the Clean Water act of the 70's which has mandated boundaries between agricultural fields and the river shores to prevent the soil/silt with fertilizer and pesticides from entering the river.  

I was proud to see that the St. Croix River has some of the cleanest waters going into the Mississippi.  The St. Croix River is the river that I was born within 5 miles of its shores and now 65 years later, I can see from our apartment home.  In this community of Hudson, I feel so at home.  Every time I drive around, I just smile.  Yes, it's good to be home and it's good to be reminded of what a great river we live near.  We must take advantage of getting on it more often this year.  Do I see a boat purchase in the future?  

 😄





No comments: