Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Saving for????

Saving for.... a rainy day, the kids, preservation.  I guess that the things I have saved (read previous blog some of the things I found in a tote) were saved for preservation and a rainy day as there are no kids.    I may have thought that some rainy day, I would look over these things and memories would come back.  

Yes, my totes are my treasure chests. Full of "treasures" or mementos from years ago.  I have looked through the mementos and found plenty that I have discarded in the garbage.  Even the memory of the event or occasion is not worth the hassle of keeping.  It's no longer a treasure!  It's a burden.


treasure chest: Ancient wooden treasure chest with the strong glow from inside   Stock Photo

However, I have years of cards from hubby and those I gave to him, also.  Will I, in the future, need to see those cards to remember that we loved each other?  Probably not.  If I reach a point in my life that I don't remember him or our love, I don't think a card will make much difference.  If you know someone who has lost their memory or lost your loved one and the saved cards were valuable, please correct me if I'm wrong? 

I am still reviewing my photos and my writings.  What should I keep?  Should I re-type my writings and incorporate them in my in autobiography?  Photos, oh my!  Lots of bins of photos that I want to put into a scrapbook.  I have lots of material for scrapbooks and I need to either use it up or get rid of it as it's clogging my closets.  

Yes, I am on a de-cluttering kick and I'm proud of it!  If nothing else, getting most of the "saved" items in a scrapbook will free my mind and my closets.  Wish me luck!

   




No comments: