Sunday, April 2, 2017

Highs and Lows, Twists and Turns!

Today was a travel day, going from Bryce Canyon to Dillon, Colorado.  Beautiful scenic drive along Utah Hwy 12, a highly rated scenic drive.  We drove through more rock formations, deep into canyons and on a ridge road that literally was as wide as the road.  Upon reaching this section of road, we came up a hill and there was no vegetation on either side and it felt like we were going to over a cliff as all you could see looking forward and up was sky!  I stopped the car and we inched forward.  Uffda!

Then we drove to the top of the mountains, 9600 feet elevation, and saw lots of snow, aspen, and pine.  Beautiful!  Sorry, no photos today, too tired to review and select. 

We drove through Capitol Reef National Park, another wonderful way our nation is preserving this land of ours for generations to come.  I must say that I wish I was younger as I travel, because too many trails are too strenuous for me.  However, when I was younger I didn't have the time for all this traveling nor the money.  Catch-22.

Driving on Interstate 70 in Colorado is a road full of twists and turns, white knuckle driving at times.  Especially because half of Denver were returning home after skiing all weekend!  We hit another high of 10, 630 feet elevation at the Vail summit.   Now, we're safely in our hotel room right on the shores of Lake Dillon.  Snow covered mountains surround us, what a Rocky Mountain High that I feel.  But my blood sugar feels low, I had better eat soon.  



No comments: