Thursday, November 8, 2007

Neighbors

Hubby & I just got back from a wonderful meal at our neighbor's place. In our married life, there have been very few places that we have lived and felt like we lived in a neighborhood or community. In Wisconsin we lived on a lake & those neighbors became such dear friends. I know that a couple of them can attest to how hard I cried when we moved. You would have thought some one died.

Then we moved here to the the Rio Grande Valley last year & we're in a community "of friends 55 and over." Until about three weeks ago, it's been fine living here. We have some couples that we play cards, dominoes or marbles with on Friday or Saturday nights. We have some neighbors that we play cards with on Tuesday nights. I have some neighbors that I see on my morning walk. There are some neighbors that hubby sees down at the pool. But some things have changed and I wrote about my feelings in Sunday's blog.

I truly did feel quite sad, maybe it was just the mood I was in, I'm not sure. But tonight, another neighbor invited us over to their place for fajitas and it was so good! It was "good" not only because of the food, but because of the companionship and love that was passed from neighbor to neighbor. We talked of a neighbor that is close to death and our hearts and prayers went out to he and his wife, who is tonight sleeping on the floor at the hospital.

Regardless of the turmoil happening here in my community or in my heart or the turmoil in your heart or life, there is hope. I say HOPE. I shout HOPE! :)

Doesn't it feel good? Even our neighbor that is close to death may at this time be reaching out his heart and soul to Jesus; where Jesus is saying, "Welcome to MY community, heaven!" God bless you, DB! God bless us ALL!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rayna, The warmth at Thursday night's neighborhood Fajita Fest was so healing for me. You put many of my thoughts into words. Love, M