Sunday, November 4, 2007

Blowing Off Steam!

Peace! Not right now, I don't feel it. Just got back from a two lap jaunt around my neighborhood. I stopped in to talk to a lady who's husband is dying of cancer. She was not home & her Sunday paper was at her door which tells me she's been gone to the hospital for a long day. I originally started my walk this evening to blow off steam. There's been some controversy brewing in our community and I've tried to stay out of it, but some things are getting on my nerves. I know some of my neighbors read my blog so no names will be mentioned as is usually my "policy" here in this blog.

Of course, I would run into five of the people "stirring" things up on my walk. I wanted to scream and confront them, but instead I cried. I wanted to say, "There are people in our community with cancer and dying, yet all you think about are your personal agendas and your personal vendettas. Get a life! Be thankful you have a life and a future in this beautiful community." But I can't control them, anymore than I can control my own emotions sometimes. I want to be able to continue to chat with and joke with the "stirrers," they are not "bad" people. Yet, my feeling is that they are trying to divide our community, into board of directors-supporters and board of directors-opponents. It's so unfortunate. It's so unnecessary. Why can't we all just get along? It's enough to make one cry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank You for thinking of me and bringing in my paper.
Amen on your thoughts about our community. If they could see how my husband is fighting for his life they would think their problems here are trivial. EB