Saturday, January 28, 2012

Tortoise and the Hare

Remember the old tortoise and the hare story?  I wonder if they still read that in schools.  Regarding my weight loss story, I have been the hare.... rapid weight loss and now I'm in the tortoise phase.  But I keep telling myself "slow and steady wins the race."  Over the past month, I'm averaging about 1-2 pounds loss each week.  For me that is just fine.  At least I am not doing my typical behavior of celebrating a great weight loss by eating the pounds right back up the scale! 

One thing that is in the hare phase is how fast this month is going by, it is already the 28th of January.  Another old phrase is "time flies when you're having fun."  I guess I'm having fun!  My calendar is not filled with activities, but enough to keep life interesting.  Life is good.

No comments: