Saturday, May 5, 2012

Pedicure -----> Pain-a-cure

Almost every lose weight plan has the rewards category.  You know, get a goal and when you lose that weight you reward yourself with something non-food.  One of the many suggestions is a pedicure.  Ahhh!  Having someone else massage your feet and primp your toes, all for $25 (including tip).  Pretty cheap pleasures, right?

Well for most people, but not me. I HATE pedicures, it hurts!   I bet 99% of my readers (all two of you) will wonder what in the world I'm writing about.  I have a wide foot and my big toes are BIG toes.  This seems to create a syndrome called in-grown toenails.  Since the price of pedicures seems relatively cheap in my area, I have treated myself more often here in Texas, about every 4-5 weeks. 

I should say I have an operation done on my feet every 4-5 weeks.  The pedicure person (don't know what they call them, maybe pedophiles) just think they have-to remove every bit of cuticle and they dig and dig and dig around my toes.  They seem to get special please when they can grab one end and pull out about an inch worth of my cuticles.  I wince, I whine, I whimper.  I say (I should say shout) "OUCH" and "Stop."  All to no avail.  The last time I walked out of the salon. 

So, I went to another salon.  Let's try this again!  I explained to the pedicurist that I had just walked out of one salon due to pain.  I asked him, I "know you won't do that to me, will you?"  He did.

That was about six weeks ago and I know I'm really in need for another pedicure.  I lamenting about my situation at work yesterday and one co-worker said she saw a TV report about how unsanitary are the pedicure bins.  I can only imagine.  She said you got a massage bin and does her own pedicures.

Good idea!  Today, I found a Dr. Scholl's massage bin for $19.99 and I just gave myself the most relaxing pedicure.  That purchase already paid for itself.  Now it's time to do my cover-my-gray hair routine, that's not painful at all. 

1 comment:

Robyn Austin said...

Ouch! Glad you finally found a way to treat yourself like you deserve. It's a tough life being so beautiful, isn't it? :)