Saturday, January 14, 2012

Tug-of-war

This week I had to wrap my head around the fact that I can not eat like I used to and maintain any weight loss.  It's been a psychological tug-of-war between fact and fiction.  I don't know if my "it's not fair" falls into the fact or fiction category, but that phrase has come to the forefront of my mind several times this week. 

I have made some wise choices on food this week and some not so wise choices.  I am starting to recognize both, even knowing that I what type of choice I was making.  So, I guess that is progress.  The scale shows it too, I only lost one-half pound this week.  But I am maintaining a 26+ pound weight loss since November 14, 2 months ago.  I am at my lowest weight in about four years and I have a few more pounds to lose for my lowest weight in many, many years!  :) 

Four years ago, I think I accomplished most of my weight loss by walking (i.e. exercising).  Once I stopped the daily walking, the pounds came back and increased my weight to levels I had never seen in my life.  This time I am concentrating more on my food and eating habits.  Exercising is great and I plan to start again.  However, I fully realize that I may not always have the opportunity to exercise due to unforeseen injury or illness that hinders any exercise.  Therefore, I plan to be able to eat food for sustenance and I need to develop good habits on the foods I choose and eat.

I have read tons of articles on weight loss and food.  I know that knowledge is a great tool.  Maybe I should have written that I am having a tug-of-war between knowledge and psyche.  May the best "man" win!  I am hoping that knowledge wins!

No comments: