Monday, January 2, 2012

Word of the Year

After I wrote yesterday's blog, I was reading in Guideposts magazine that Debbie Macomber, author, chooses a word of the year (her book, One Perfect Word).  She will "choose one word to focus on and live by.  These words have comforted me, challenged me and brought me closer to God.  They have changed me.  I've used them in my prayers, written about them in my journals, discussed them with my friends.  I've seen how they've shaped my spiritual path.  Sometimes I even trip over them." 

Some of the words she has chosen are hunger, trust, prayer and hope.  I immediately thought of the word support, maybe because it was fresh in my mind after writing my blog.  Support can be a thing and it can be an action.  It can be given and be taken.  It can be used in my personal life, my spiritual life and my work life.  It's multi-faceted and holds so much potential. 

Anyone out there interested in joining my challenge to select a work-of-the-year?

1 comment:

Robyn Austin said...

My word so far is "drama." But I would like to avoid that!! I will think further and let you know. I do appreciate your support, though!