Monday, June 15, 2009

Love

I guess I'm a hopeless romantic as I like romance novels (though I don't get time to read them often) and one of my favorite TV shows is The Bachelor/Bachelorette. lol. I know, a person of my independence should get excited about something other than seeing 25 guys/girls fight for the attention and hopefully love of another! But, I'm hooked!

Speaking of "love," last night in my dream was my first love. I have not seen or even thought of him for years and there he was in my dream. No, it was not a hot and steamy dream, just interesting. Oops, hubby just reminded me that I "have 15 minutes" until the show comes on. :) I wonder if hubby sensed I was writing about someone else. I've had a few "loves" in my life and hubby has been my one and only for almost 24 years. We always save the best for last, right?

In less than a month my parents will celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary. We were shocked when they made it 50 years as a good number of those years were quite rocky. Now, we feel hopeful that they will make it to 60 years. Of course, hubby and I will not make it to 60 years of marriage, due to advancing age. It's not often that any couple gets to 60 years of marriage, but those that do can probably identify that marriage is made of "sometimes it is a slender thread, sometimes a strong, stout rope."

No comments: