Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fathers

They say that a woman will often marry a man just like her father. Of course when I married hubby, I thought, "No way is he like my father." Hubby was my knight-in-shining-armour. Well, the armour has gotten a little tarnished and tired looking after twenty years. Even worn through so that I can see that under that armour beats the heart of man that is like my father. He's always right. And if he's "always right," then anyone can guess that I feel always wrong. It's a tug-of-war.

As any tug-of-war game goes, it comes to a breaking point or someone falls in the mud. Today, I threw up the rope and said, "I'm tired!" Of course, that caused him to fall backwards with a mighty, "What the....?" Of course, those always-right people seem to always question how they could not be right again.

Needless to say, I'm going to work on pointing out the instances where he's always right or contradicts a statement or decision that I have made. All is fair in love and war or in a game of tug-of-war, right? Am I right in this? I am right in this, aren't I? Right?

No comments: