Thursday, October 16, 2008

Busy as Bees

Happy Bosses Day! Oops, did you forget like I did? I saw another boss getting a gift from her staff this morning and I said, "Bosses Day? Oh-oh, I forgot." Luckily the stores still had some decent cards and a favorite restaurant sells gift cards, so my boss was not forgotten.


Contrary to what I said yesterday, my staff must think I'm better than a piranha as they gave me a huge basket full of treats and really nice stuff like a bracelet, dove figurine and a beautiful mug. They must have been busy as bees getting their money together for that gift. I have a great group of people to work with and the majority give 110% to their jobs. Our jobs keeps all of very busy and I am thankful that I can say I'm happy on Bosses Day. Blessings to you too!


Speaking of blessings, my sister sent me an email to remind me that 53 years ago today, I was baptized in the Christian faith. I was four and my two sisters were 1+ years and the other was five months. We were baptized together, at the prompting of my paternal grandmother. At that time my father was a back-sliding Christian and my mother and her family never went to church except for funerals. So Grandma must have convinced our parents to have us baptized. I can still remember the picture-taking episode afterward.



Even though it was October, it was a warm day and the sun was beating down. The adults decided to prop the three of us on top of the car hood to take a picture. Back in those days, having a car was still pretty darn special. So any chance they got to have their car in the picture, so much more the better. Well, the afternoon sun had turned that dark green car into a heat magnet. They sat us on the car and it burned our legs. My sister that was a little over a year old started crying and the adults could not figure out why? They thought she was scared being up so high on the car, so they kept re-adjusting her. All I can vaguely remember is thinking, "Let's get this picture-taking stuff over with so we can get OFF this car!" I think the infamous picture shows me frowning and my sister crying. Happy Baptism Day! Fire and water, how appropriate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go boss! I'm glad you were acknowledged, you deserve it! I made Apple Crisp at 5:30 this morning for my 2 bosses and they sure enjoyed that for a mid morning treat! I also gave him a Thank You note in Gold & Purple(Vikings)-what a suck up-since I only worked 2 days this week! Annie-Ro