Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Dedication

There's an old song that has a lyric, "Dedicated to the one I love."

Last night I came home from work and on the counter was a small catalog showcasing the jewelry and art of the craftsman I mentioned in Sunday's blog, the one who makes the peace ornament. I said to hubby, "You didn't go and get that ornament did you?" He gave me a big hug and somewhat sheepishly said, "Yes, I went there before I read your blog." (I had meant to throw away the ad after I wrote my blog, but left it by the computer.) My heart melted. Last night, I opened that present under the tree and hung that lovely peace ornament on my Christmas tree and vowed to myself that every time I see that I will remember the love of my hubby.

He does not get enough credit in my blogs for his support and unconditional love. Often, I will excitedly share with him the email or comment that someone has written on or about my blog. He has to remind me, "I support you" or "I'm proud of you." It's true, I don't give him enough credit for his love, support and pride in what I've accomplished and what I'm trying to do. He has loved me through all these years of thick and thin, more thick than ever "thin."

We joke about our differences. We have his-and-her of a lot of things.... peanut butter, bread, ice cream, political parties. Yet there is a lot we agree on, like traveling, sunshine, enjoying friendships, reading, and our love for each other. I have been very fortunate to have him in my life for many years and I look forward to our future together. Hubby, this blog is for you! Peace!

No comments: