Sunday, November 24, 2013

Hit ya!

Sometimes things hit ya like a lead pipe along the head....Wham!  It wouldn't be a "wham" if it was expected or planned.  Today, I was watching the Packer - Viking game at a local restaurant/bar and the game went into overtime.  All of a sudden I thought of my dad and I could imagine him say loudly and with a force of breath being expelled from his mouth.... "Uff!"  And he would kind of shake his body like trying to repel the feeling.  I could even see him in "his chair" watching the game on their TV at home. 

I started to cry, missing him.  Ya never know when the grief will hit ya! 

I will be the first to admit that I rarely cry.  Once in a great while, a movie may touch me enough to drop a tear or two, but not too often.  I have sometimes wondered if I was too bitter, angry or emotionally dead and that is why I wouldn't cry? 

Thanks to hubby and his handkerchief, I think I managed to regain composure and finish watching the game that ended up as a tie. 

Dad had a way of saying something that was witty or funny and it would just "hit ya" to start laughing.  It brings a smile to my face, even now.  In a few days, it will be six months since his passing.

I think I will just call my dad's better half, my mom, and see if she watched the game.  She could be quite the cheerleader too....especially when it came to Packer-Viking games.




No comments: