Monday, November 18, 2013

Dreams

I am a dreamer, always have been.  Last night I had one of the most vivid and colorful dreams I can remember.  Having just returned from Hawaii and California where we drove on many curvy, narrow roads with lots of trees surrounding us, my dream was of similar nature.  I was traveling (like on a roller coaster) down this path of vines that were vibrant with every color in the rainbow. The colors were so bright!  I knew I was headed towards something or trying to find something. Yet, as I kept moving down the path, I was not sure what I was looking for and how I would know  I found "it."   With each curve, I saw my life passing me by, old bosses popped up on the side of the path and the number 37 was prominent.  I worked in the business end of the health care industry for 37 years. 

My husband, Paul, was by my side for part of the journey and then I was alone.  Even as I was dreaming, I knew I was searching for some answers on what my "retirement" years would involve. I don't think I found it, as then my dream changed to a scene with my siblings as we tried to out-wit the enemy and get over the border.  We were about 10 yards from the border when I woke up. (I think I watched too much football yesterday).

Yes, today is what I call my first official retirement day, as the past two weeks have been "vacation."  I stayed up late last night so that I would sleep-in this morning, which I did until 8:06 am.  Then I got up and fulfilled my promise to myself to get back into walking.  So I did my mile; showered; had coffee while reading the newspaper; and now I'm blogging.  Another promise I made to myself to start writing more. 

Lots of people I know are retired and say that I "will love it."  But I think that it will take time... time to find out what I want to do with my days; time to adjust to this 180 degree turn I have made in my life; time to figure out what and how I will feel fulfilled.

Care to join me in my journey?  Can't make any promises, but guess we'll just wake up each day and see where the path takes me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you back blogging. Have missed it. Love you. Lene