Friday, November 22, 2013

Cold Front

The weatherman has been warning us all week...."there's a cold front coming."  The newspaper today said, "Get out your gloves, hats and jackets, the cold front is coming." 

I live in the southern tip of Texas, about 75 miles northwest of South Padre Island/Brownsville.  It's a semi desert or tropical paradise depending how much irrigation and water is used to make the desert into tropics. The first year or two of living here we had mild winters, never even turned on the heat.  Then for the past few years, we have had cold fronts hitting us now and then.  In fact two years ago, we had two killing frosts. 

Being from Up North, I welcome a cold front now and then.  It refreshes me!

Today, a massive rain storm came through and dumped lots of water on the Valley (as we fondly call this area we live in).  At noon the temperature was 85 degrees and by tomorrow morning it will be in the forties!  Yes, 40 +/- degrees! 

Again, I look forward to it, I can actually wear my jeans and my long sleeve shirt (I  think I only have one or two long-sleeved shirts) that I wear occasionally in the winter.  So bring it on, Old Man Winter....but just don't expect me to move back Up North where you reside for six months of the year! 

No comments: