Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Morning Musings

Did your mother ever tell you when you were a kid, "wear clean underwear now, you never know when you might be in an accident"?

Well, I got caught with "dirty underwear" this morning and it's only 6 AM! That "motherly" voice told me as I was getting ready for my walk, "brush your teeth, you never know when you might run into someone on the street." Nah! no bother! Yep, I ran into my neighbor & chatted for a minute & probably good thing it was only a minute. It's much easier to accept (i.e. tolerate) our own morning breath, but we should never make others a victim. Sorry, neighbor!

It's my fourth day of walking, again. I was walking daily last fall, then I got a new job & fell into complacency.... rather sleep-in than walk. Anyway I'm back at it & it feels good. I made it twice around the "block" this morning. Of course I'm sweating like a sweathog, but it feels good. The sense of accomplishment is great. Like my husband teases me, "You move pretty good for a big lady." Got to move on..... to work that is!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rayna - I did not notice your morning breath. It was nice chatting with you this a.m. Even a lap or two is better than nothing. Good luck on your project. The man and I are both trying to lose weight, too. We did well in May and then ate too much on vacation. We're back at it and don't plan to give up. We hope eventually we'll enjoy salads as much as burgers and fries (in this lifetime?). May peace be with you. Love, Me :-)

Anonymous said...

Rayna-Good Luck. I too am trying to do more walking. Some gals in the neighborhood are walking together in the evening. It was very humid, but pulled myself off the couch & went tonight. Good socializing & good exercise. I always wear my family ring in case something happens to me, it will be with me.-Love, R #4