Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Breakfast

In the middle of night, I woke up and I felt HUNGRY. I use capital letters, not because it was a severe hunger, but because it was a sensation I have not felt for a long time! Wow, there is another sensation beyond craving and clock watching (i.e. it's time to eat). I remembered reading long ago that breakfast can be broken down to break fast, as in break the fast you endured since last night.

For many years I ignored breakfast, I'd rather sleep & then rush to get ready and out the door. It's a easy habit to maintain. I've changed that in the past nine months. Perhaps, it because my husband is retired and he's up reading the paper with his breakfast and I want to join him before I head out the door. More likely, I have found that when I do eat breakfast, I like it and I don't have that I-can't-wait-for-lunch "hunger" bugging me.

Remember that old TV commercial with Mikey and the cereal..... try it, he likes it. Breakfast, try it, you'll like it! It's worth the time!

1 comment:

Robyn Austin said...

They (whoever THEY are) are pretty smart when they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. If I don't eat my high fiber "old lady" cereal, I am starving by 10 a.m., staring longingly at the candy dish and am ready to eat anything (except onions, of course). I bring an apple or banana with me to work and, like all good anal-retentive people, I feel off kilter if I don't have my "10 o'clock banana"! Keep up the good work!